FHA loans are the hot ticket in town these days, aren’t they? If you are involved in loans in the Sacramento Region, you probably find yourself doing quite a few FHA transactions these days in comparison to the past couple of years (I am certainly doing more FHA appraisals).
Since people sometimes ask me how an FHA appraisal inspection differs from a non-FHA appraisal assignment, I wanted to include a few differences below. A non-FHA assignment could include some or all of the following, but an FHA inspection MUST include the following and more per strict HUD guidelines:
- Test appliances to ensure in working order
- Test AC and Heat system
- Observe if paint is chipping, peeling, or flaking
- Test water (pressure, heat, smell, taste…)
- Observe the attic
- Observe the crawl space
- Check all electrical switches to ensure lights come on
- Check outlets to ensure they work
- Flush all toilets and run water in all sinks
- Take angled photos of the subject property
- And more….
If anyone has questions on FHA appraisals within the Greater Sacramento Region, give me a call at 916-595-3735 or see www.lundquistcompany.com