How many sales were there in Stockton over the past three years? The answer is 13,745, and I’ve graphed them below for your viewing pleasure. What stands out to you about the plotted green points? Do you notice any trends?
This graph takes a view of the entire city of Stockton and is based on information in MLS for all single family detached sales (green dots) under $1,000,000. It’s interesting to note a dramatic change in the market beginning in the latter part of 2007. There had previously been few properties sold under $100,000, but that certainly shifted, didn’t it? It looks like the upper end of the market began to get squeezed harder around that time too. If you remember, housing inventory levels in the market increased drastically in the latter part of 2007, so we saw a steep decline in property values because of the vast oversupply of houses for sale (and therefore more agrressive pricing to compete against each other for available buyers).
City of Stockton Real Estate Market Data:
- 13,745 sales in Stockton over the past 36 months (SFR detached)
- 1,679 sales between 01/20/2007 – 01/19/2008
- 5,924 sales between 01/20/2008 – 01/19/2009
- 6,142 sales between 01/20/2009 – 01/19/2010
- 1,172 sales in the past 90 days
- 580 current actives
- 730 current active short sales
- 866 current pendings
- 75% of all sales over the past year were bank-owned
- 11.5% of all sales over the past year were short sales
Keep me posted if you have any questions about the data above. You are welcome to comment below as well as share insight about life or the real estate market in Stockton CA. If you do have a need for a narrowed property research, property tax appeal or a real estate appraisal in the Stockton area, please contact me at 916-595-3735 or email@example.com.