I’m wrapping up a short sale appraisal in Plumas Lake (for a Realtor) and wanted to share a graph of all sales over the past three years (2008-2011). What do you see?
Plumas Lake Real Estate Stats:
- 29 sales over the past 90 days
- Median sales price over the past 90 days: $187,500
- Median list price over the past 90 days: $165,000
- Average price per sq ft over the past 90 days: $81.83
- 16 current active listings
- 41 current active short sale listings
- 19 current active short sale contingents (in contract)
- 14 pendings
For reference, here is a graph I posted in December 2009. I thought it might be helpful to share again to give a greater perspective of the market now that over a year has passed.
I know it’s really discouraging to see such a heavy decline through the years (trust me, I’m a home owner who bought in 2004 – I know), but Plumas Lake is not alone in experiencing a decline in property value. It looks like overall the market saw a dip of $50,000 over the past 36 months, but at the same time, the edge of both graphs above look very similar (despite having a difference in age) – which shows the market has been showing stronger signs toward stability. Lastly, if anything, numbers like this ought to encourage the home owner to make sure the Assessor has rightly adjusted property taxes downward. Keep me posted if you have questions on that.
If you live in Plumas Lake, what is it that first drew you to the community? What do you really enjoy about the neighborhood? And what do you wish Walgreens sold (but doesn’t)? 🙂