Big news broke yesterday as the “Curtis Park Village” site is now ready for construction. I’m amazed to read that over 358,000 cubic yards of toxic dirt was removed from the site to prepare for future residential and commercial building. By the way, does anyone know where the dirt went?
I’m really interested to see how the new “Village” compliments the historic Curtis Park neighborhood. Curtis Park has such amazing character, so I hope the builders will be as sensitive as possible to the quality and craftsmanship found in the neighborhood. Whatever the case, as long as the builder does a decent job, my guess is these units are going to be a very hot commodity because of the great location and close proximity to Downtown.
Some articles to read on Curtis Park Village:
- Toxic Clean-up Complete – Feb 16, 2012 SacBee
- A big day for Curtis Park developer - Feb 15, 2012 Sacramento Biz Journal
- See also Sierra Curtis Neighborhood Association and Curtis Park News.
- City of Sacramento Curtis Park Village Project Information
- Petrovich Development Company Project Summary
I’d really like to hear from Sacramentans on this matter and especially Curtis Park residents. How do you feel about the development? What are the positives? What are your concerns? The SacBee article seemed to indicate that residents are “cautiously optimistic” about the project. If you are a resident, do you feel that way?