If you want to sound smart while talking to clients, friends or playing the real estate category on Jeopardy, this is for you. Here are ten quick stats for the real estate market in Sacramento County when considering all of 2013. Enjoy.
- The median sales price increased by 25% in 2013.
- Average price per square foot rose 24% this year.
- Foreclosures decreased by 6.5% in 2013.
- Short sales declined by almost 18% over the year.
- Interest rates went up over 1% in 2013.
- 28% of all sales in 2013 were cash purchases.
- FHA buyers increased by about 4% in 2013 in the entire county.
- FHA buyers under $200,000 increased by almost 7.5% in 2013.
- Cash sales declined by roughly 15% from the beginning of the year.
- Half of all sales under $200,000 were cash for half the year.
Question: What stat stands out to you most? Comments are welcome below.