1000 blog posts. How did that happen? I feel like I’ve just scaled an online mountain. As I look back, this has been a fun ride. It’s been great to connect with so many people locally and nationally, and I have definitely gained friends and contacts across the country. My appraisal career has evolved in amazing ways these past five years too, and I feel very blessed. Thank you for reading, commenting, emailing, sharing posts, challenging me, and growing together. This blog wouldn’t mean anything without you. Thank you for being here.
Part of reaching 1000 posts involves looking back, so it seems fitting to share my ten favorite posts. These all stood out for one reason or another – whether it was because they were funny to me, or maybe they hit a nerve with readers.
My favorite 10 posts on the Sacramento Appraisal Blog:
- Parcel Mullet: real estate word of the day
- The multi-layered real estate cake analogy
- The impact of barking dogs on property value
- 10 signs your pool is too big for the neighborhood
- Why it matters if it’s a condo or PUD
- Blight Week (a 5-part series I wrote)
- How Legos can help us understand real estate
- How do garage conversions impact property value?
- How to know if it’s a 2nd unit or an accessory dwelling
- 10 signs you’re overbuilding for the neighborhood
I used to write way too much: These days I write two posts each week, but in the beginning I used to shell out 4 or even 5 posts per week (that’s WAY too much). Remember, if you think blogging is a good idea for business, the best thing you can do is decide to begin. You can never get to 1000 posts or even 100 posts without ever doing the first post. Why not go for it?
I hope this blog has been a helpful resource to you, and I hope it continues to be. I’m optimistic about the future, and I look forward to many more posts. It’s been a great first 1000 posts. Here’s to the next batch.
Photo Credit: Thank you to Vicky for letting me use one of her photos. She’s a local I’ve been following on Instagram and Twitter for a few years.
Question: Are you reaching any milestones this year? Is there anything good happening in your life right now? I’d love to hear in the comments below.