What has been happening in the Mather real estate market? Here is a trend graph of the past 36 months of sales (blue) within the Mather area as well as all current listings (red). What do you notice?
Mather Data from MLS, DataQuick, and Realist:
- 24 sales in past 90 days (MLS)
- 11 sales since January 1, 2009 (MLS)
- 41 current listings on the market – 10 pending, 18 short sale actives, 13 actives (MLS)
- Decline of 17.40% when comparing January 2008 home sales with January 2009 home sales (Data Quick HERE)
- 21 houses in pre-foreclosure (Realist)
There are 1271 homes in the Mather community, which was built by KB Homes, and dreamed up by the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency. SHRA spearheaded the building project as an attempt to breathe life back into the Mather area when Mather Air Base was closed in 1988 (huge effects in the community and in Rancho Cordova too). Independence at Mather is an HOA with very minimal monthly fees (basically to cover front landscaping – no swimming pool or clubhouse). Mather is close to a local golf course, lake, trails, the Sacramento Speedway, and Mather Airport.
If you are a home owner in Mather, what is it that attracts you to this community? What are the benefits? What are the downfalls?
If anyone needs further information or has any needs for a real estate appraisal in Mather, I am glad to assist.