I’ve written before about how to prepare for an appraisal inspection, but I wanted to revisit the topic from the other side today. Here are 10 things NOT to do when the appraiser comes over.
- Walk around the house in your birthday suit.
- Let the dogs run loose to lick and bite the appraiser at will.
- Lock your doors so the appraiser doesn’t have access to each room.
- Watch “adult” movies (this actually happened once…. yikes).
- Let the appraiser surprise sleeping house guests. Rise and shine.
- Make things as messy as possible.
- Refuse to discuss any recent updates to your home.
- Follow the appraiser around as much as possible.
- Buy lavish gifts in hopes of boosting value.
- Don’t make a list of recent improvements.
You know I’m only having fun, and I’m pretty sure you can sift through what I’m saying to understand a bit more how to be ready when an appraiser comes to inspect your property. If not, please read “What should you do before the appraiser comes?” If you have any questions, let me know.
Anything you’d add to the list?
If you have any questions or Sacramento area real estate appraisal or property tax appeal needs, contact me by phone 916-595-3735, email, Twitter, subscribe to posts by email or “like” my page on Facebook