I get questions all the time about how to increase property value, but why not consider the issue from the other side? Here are 10 ways to help your property be worth less. Anything you’d like to add? Please comment below.
- Go with a “midnight” theme by painting all ceilings and walls black.
- Start a trend of bringing back popcorn-textured ceilings.
- Give your home a scintillating animal aroma.
- Let your sprinklers hit the exterior walls (which will damage siding).
- Replace your front lawn with nothing but dirt.
- Let your kids play “Bob the Builder” inside with a real sledge-hammer.
- Install a chain link fence and thick security bars.
- Get all of your neighbors to chop down their front yard trees.
- Make your house stand out by painting it a super bright color.
- Instead of a roof, make a helipad for Airwolf (do you remember that show?)
What would you add to the list? If you’re in real estate, what things do you recommend a home owner do before listing a house on the market? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
If you have any questions or Sacramento area real estate appraisal or property tax appeal needs, contact me by phone 916-595-3735, email, Twitter, subscribe to posts by email or “like” my page on Facebook