Have you ever attended a presentation and thought, “Wow, there wasn’t any reason why that needed to be an hour. The speaker could have said everything in 15 minutes.” This is why speaking is an art form. It takes real skill and time to hone a presentation, yet still pack the same punch in a shorter amount of time. The same holds true for writing. Twice a month I have two big market posts, but today instead of writing paragraphs below each graph, I’m simply sharing an image and then one sentence. Here are 10 sentences to describe Sacramento’s regional housing market (and Placer County). Any thoughts? Enjoy.
SACRAMENTO’S REGIONAL MARKET
1) The median price has been the same for 5 months in a row ($310,000).
2) Housing inventory increased last month to 2.72 months (inventory isn’t the same at every price level).
3) It took an average of 45 days to sell a house last month.
4) Sales volume is down about 9% this year compared to last year.
5) There have been 36% less cash sales in 2014 compared to last year.
6) The number of listings increased again last month.
7) The median price has been fairly flat in Placer County ($386K).
8) Inventory is hovering just below 3 months in Placer County.
9) It took an average of 47 days to sell a home last month in Placer County.
10) Sales volume is at fairly normal levels in Placer County.
The Wright Report: By the way, I contributed a few thoughts to The Wright Report, which is the most exhaustive local real estate report I know of. If you need some resourceful bathroom reading, I suggest downloading it. You can read it carefully or maybe take a quick stroll through the graphs. I’m honored to pitch in a few thoughts, but that’s not why I’m sharing it. I really like what Joel Wright puts together, and it’s a great service to the real estate community. When we understand the market and how it’s moving, it’s good for business and for our clients. Download and enjoy.
Sharing Trends with your Clients? If you want to share graphs online or in your newsletter, please see my sharing policy. Thank you for sharing.
Questions: Do you like the format for this post? I’d love to hear your feedback. How else would you describe the market?
If you liked this post, subscribe by email (or RSS). Thanks for being here.
Leave a Reply